Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Pride and Prejudice and Mitzi Szereto


Talented erotica writer Mitzi Szereto, author of In Sleeping Beauty's Bed, has a new book called Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Lusts. It's due to be released by Cleis Press in July. Adding sex to literary classics is the newest mash-up trend, following hot on the heels of the classics + monsters trend. (And the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies movie isn't even out yet!)

Steve Hockensmith, who wrote the PPZ prequel Dawn of the Dreadfuls, says, "Thank God for Mitzi Szereto! Now the literary purists have someone new to go after with their pitchforks. Adding zombies to Pride and Prejudice was one thing, but SEX SEX SEX? It’s sacrilege! Raunchy, hilarious, subversive sacrilege…which is the best kind, of course.”

I'm looking forward to this one, but even more so, I'm looking forward to reading the sexed-up version of one of my very favorites, Wuthering Heights. Annabella Bloom assists Emily Bronte in creating Wuthering Heights: The Wild and Wanton Edition. It's been out since January, but I haven't picked up a copy yet.

My TBR list is long. The next book I'll read from Cleis Press is likely to be Carnal Machines, a collection of steampunk erotica edited by D. L. King.

2 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Hey Erin - Wow - So glad I stopped by for this. I read the Romeo and Juliet vampires version last year - fabulous. And I'm with you - the Wuthering Heights sexed up version sounds like a must read. I love these new versions because you're guaranteed a great story, on top of which is a tweak you're gonna love too - whether it be zombies,vamps or erotica. BRING ME SWEAT ;D I'm off to look for this right now. Re the new X Men movie - best yet - I kid you not! Cheers Erin. Shah .X

Erin O'Riordan said...

Even though I said I wasn't as excited about 'Hidden Lusts' as I am about 'Wuthering Heights: The Wild and Wanton Edition,' I'm really enjoying Mitzi's book.