Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Blue Monday ~ Blue Man Group

Last week it was the ladies' turn. This week's Blue Monday is a kind of Man Candy Monday, too.OK, I guess I didn't have that many blue-related pins of guys.



You got that right, Andy Warhol. My most dearly-beloved Hindu god is Shiva, but this is an absolutely beautiful image of Krishna. (I have beautiful pictures of my sweet lord Shiva, but none of them are blue enough.) One of the very first erotic books I ever read, one I didn't even remember to mention in The Good Parts, was a collection of stories about Krishna and Radha.



Then there was Christian Bale. Hey, skinny Christian Bale in a blue jacket, whatcha doin'? Something related to filming your Academy Award-winning Best Supporting Actor role in The Fighter?



But I wonder what you would look like with more meat on your bones, wearing a blue jacket that isn't a track jacket? Probably something like this.



But I kind of feel like that loud blue shirt doesn't go with your hazel eyes. You know what we need? A man with bright blue eyes and a blue shirt.



James Caviezel, you'll do nicely. You do everything nicely in my estimation, ever since I wrote that EPIC Easter post and fell in love with Badass Jesus. Neck beard and all. Why do you think the corresponding Pinterest board is called I Haz An Obsessed?

But maybe I'm a tiny bit color blind, so you tell me: is this shirt blue or is it purple?



The Dork Mistress, whose Tumblr and I are in a relationship, informs me this white suit is Dolce and Gabbana. You know, when JC gives the paparazzi a thumbs up, it kinds looks like


Know what goes great with blue? Gold. What would Jesus do? He would root for Notre Dame. 



I didn't go to Notre Dame. I went to St. Mary's College of Notre Dame, Indiana, the all-women's college across the highway. The kind of patriarchal crap that flies at Notre Dame doesn't go down at SMC, and the pretty Italian and Irish Catholic boys are more fun to look at than they are to date. That's how my alma mater got the nickname School for Lesbian Nuns. I say it with pride - hell yeah, women's spirituality and sexual diversity!

Let the Vatican put that in its pipe and smoke it. (I link to that story about the Vatican chastising American nuns for their "radical feminism." The radical notion that women are people - shocking!)

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I love that you love Jim Caviezel. I actually knew him personally for a few years before he & his wife left for California to pursue his acting career full time. His wife Kerri was my Language arts teacher in middle school. I adored his wife, and attended their wedding before they left. :) :) One of my fondest memories of him was him playing the part of a witness in a mock trial we had. He is a fantastic person!

deb said...

Thanks so much for the eye candy! I really needed to start my week off on a positive note...last week was a crapper.
*hugs*deb

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

everytime i come to visit here I love you more and more!!

Erin O'Riordan said...

Courtney, I hope you realize you're just enabling me. ;) He really does seem quite sweet, though. I'm a sucker for guys who adopt.

Yikes, Dragonfly Treasure! Sorry to hear last week was such a downer. I hope things are looking up.

Thanks, Eschelle! FYI, Eschelle was just frightening me with tales of how much the third Hunger Games novel will make me cry. No! I'm too attached to Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Prim and, now, also Finnick.

jen said...

christian bale is so hot. american psycho is one of my favorite movies!

Erin O'Riordan said...

Great movie. (That shower scene - unnf!) I still have to get around to reading the book.

Kimberly @ A Night Owl said...

holy cow at courtney's comment, huh??? nice collection you have going there. i'm actually not one to typically have actor crushes, but your list was not tough to look at! LOL!

thanks for linking up as always!

xo,
kimberly

Erin O'Riordan said...

Thanks for hosting, Kimberly.

I like to think of my actor crushes - not to mention my crushes on fictional characters - as a characteristic I've inherited from my mother. She used to jokingly tell my brother that Keanu Reeves is his real father. ;)

Now she's a Twilight mom. I'm surprised she hasn't told my nieces that Jasper Cullen is their real grandfather. She's a big Jasper/Alice fan.

Lust, creativity and raw survival instinct are all bound together in what Freud would call the eros drive, what traditional Chinese medicine would call my chi and what Indian philosophy would call my Kundalini energy. Gotta let that energy flow, 'cause if I let it get blocked then my creativity is blocked.