Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Very Pinterest Thanksgiving: I Am Thankful For...

Happy (U.S.) Thanksgiving Eve, everybody! In last year's Thanksgiving post, I told you several of the large and small things I'm grateful for. This year I'll revisit my gratitude list, spiced up with a little Pinterest, and we'll hook up with:

This November, I'm thankful for the big things and for the little things. Most importantly, I'm thankful for my awesome husband/co-writer Tit Elingtin, my family, having a warm house and food, clean water, being able to read and write, having had the chance to go to school and freedom of speech. I'm thankful whenever someone reads one of my books. I’m grateful to live within walking distance of a library.



In fact, a lot of the things I'm grateful for are book-related; that's just me. At the risk of being labeled a crazy cat lady writer, I’m also thankful for my feline familiar, James the cat.



I'm thankful that I got to go to California this year, be on a game show and finally see the Pacific Ocean. 


Every year at Thanksgiving time, I also like to take time to be grateful for the little things that make life so pleasant and interesting. There are many of them, so I could go on and on. I still love the new Simpsons episode on Sunday nights, and I get excited about Futurama reruns on Saturday night. 



Hot coffee makes me incredibly happy. 



Reason #1 to be thankful for Thursday nights: The Vampire Diaries. For the record, I am not at all happy that Stefan and Elena are broken up again. I am not, nor will I ever be, happy with the pairing of Elena and Damon. Stelena is my ship, and I will go down with it. 



Reese-on #2 to be thankful for Thursday nights: Person of Interest. I could fangirl about it for hours - which is pretty much the whole reason I now have a Tumblr blog. 



(Don't you love QuickMeme.com? This particular meme is called "Asshole Reese.") 

I'm also thankful for the third and fourth Thursday of every month, because those are Amazon Vine days. I love my free stuff. 

I'm still thankful for Christian Bale movies and Lady Gaga songs, too. These are only a few of the things I'm thankful for on a daily basis. 

4 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Being a Brit, Thanksgiving always surprises me. I should put it up on my calendars or something. I'm grateful for a whole host of people, things, sounds, movies and hey - I haven't seen it yet, but did you say Steph and Elena are over again? Yippee! I can't stand that sanctimonious smarmy face of his. Sorry Erin. Enjoy your holiday. X

Erin O'Riordan said...

Shah, as per the usual, we'll have to agree to disagree on the Stefan/Damon question. Have a happy Thursday, since U.K. does not celebrate Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

How exciting that you were on a game show! Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day, I just love OHP!

Erin O'Riordan said...

Me too, Whitney. It's certainly addicting!