Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Second #BookHaul From Better World Books @BWBooks

Look what came in the mail yesterday! There's no mail today, of course, because it's U.S. Independence Day! We're celebrating our independence from the U.K. and also the time Will Smith and Bill Pullman defeated those awful, awful aliens.

You can find the photos from my previous Better World Books haul here.


What's inside this mysterious-looking chartreuse package? As it turns out:


...Three new (well, new to me) books from Nalini Singh. I already had Slave to Sensation, Visions of Heat and (unfortunately, in hardcover) Kiss of Snow. Today I acquired Mine to Possess and Hostage to Pleasure (books 4 & 5 in the Psy-Changeling series), plus Play of Passion (which is the ninth book and comes immediately before Kiss of Snow).

The plan is to finish reading Kate Douglas's DemonFire, then finally finish off Jackie Kessler's Hell on Earth series by reading Hotter Than Hell (technically there's a fourth book in the series, but you can't get it in paperback - and I'm scared of what's going to happen to Paul), then read Visions of Heat. When that happens, then I'll need to get Book #3, Caressed by Ice. I'll feel good when I have books 1-5 all ready to go. I'll worry about 6-8 later.

What else was in that package?


I love my monster mash-ups, and now that I've read Jane Eyre (not to mention Jane Eyre Laid Bare), I have to read this vampire mash-up.



These are a few of my mash-ups. Little Vampire Women is not pictured (it's at my parents' house), nor is Android Karenina.

And yes, I did donate a paper bag filled with gently used books to Better World. Books come in, books go out. It's the circle of life.

No comments: