Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Books I Wouldn't Be Sad If Santa Brought Me

Inspired by this post at It's a Book Life, which in turn took its cue from this post at The Broke and the Bookish.

I love to give books for the holidays, as my nieces will find out tonight (they're also getting Subway gift cards so they can pay for their favorite sandwiches with their own money - very exciting when you're 7 and 9) and my cousin's baby daughter will find out tomorrow.

Which books would I most like to get from Santa Claus? I checked with my Goodreads to-read list, and here's what I came up with (in no particular order):

1. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb


2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


I really want to see the movie, because Emma Watson looks amazing in the previews, but I want to read the book first. I've simply refused to pay the full retail at my local Barnes and Noble.

3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver


4. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs


5. Lillian Holmes and the Leaping Man by Ciar Cullen


Gender-swapped, steampunk Sherlock Holmes? Uh, yes please!

6. The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming by Lemony Snicket


Hanukkah is over, but my desire to read this is not.

7. Christian Bale: The Inside Story of the Darkest Batman by Harrison Cheung


8. House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones


9. Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted


10. This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl


Okay, this one doesn't come out until January 28th, 2014, but Santa can preorder it for me if he wants to.

Which books are you hoping for on Christmas morning?

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a copy of Lillian Holmes and the Leaping Man? Just wondering ;o)

Erin O'Riordan said...

No, not yet.