Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I've Added a #Destiel Fan Video to My YouTube Channel

Dear readers, I have all the classic signs of infatuation with a new ship. Having been introduced to fictional characters Dean Winchester and Castiel, an angel of the Lord, on Tumblr, I now cannot help but think of them as a romantic couple. It started with simply reblogging a few Tumblr posts, and then I had that weird male-pregnancy dream

From there, I progressed to reading a few fanfic stories on FanFiction.net. I knew that some people shipped the two Winchester brothers together as a romantic couple, but I didn't realize that Dean-Sam-Castiel was also a thing. FanFiction.net was my introduction to Wincestiel (Winchester incest+Castiel). Not to be a Judgy Judy, but I don't think I want to ship that. I know that consenting adults over the age of 18 can do as they please - especially when said adults are fictional - but brothers as romantic couples are a bit outside of my interests. (I think they are bio siblings. It would be slightly different if one of them was adopted.) 

But I am not judging you if that's your thing. You won't hurt Sam and Dean. They don't actually exist. 

The weirdest part is that I've still never even watched the first episode of Supernatural

Anyhoo, somehow the song "Angels Would Fall" by Melissa Etheridge got stuck in my head. I did a quick check of YouTube to see whether anyone had used this song in a Destiel fan video. I couldn't find one, so I decided that one should be made. Ta-da!



For the images, I visited the Pinterest pages of Isabella Disraeli, whom you may remember from "Shippin' 'Em Like FedEx." Her Destiel board is at http://www.pinterest.com/mscandida/castiel-dean/.

I don't do much with my YouTube channel, and I'll probably do even less once I start my new day job in a marketing department an hour's commute from home. But, should you decide to visit me there, you'll find a little clip of me in Milwaukee, a few Person of Interest fan videos, videos I made for Peaches and Shonen Knife songs I liked, a book trailer for "Spicy, Earthy, Sweet," literary music videos for The Count of Monte Cristo and James Jones' Whistle...it's really eclectic. 

No comments: