Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

American Girls Beforever: 'The Roar of the Falls' by Emma Carlson Berne #kidsbooks

The Roar of the Falls: My Journey with KayaThe Roar of the Falls: My Journey with Kaya by Emma Carlson Berne

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is exactly the kind of book I hope my 10-year-old niece will read. She'll like it because it has horses. I like it because a) it emphasizes the qualities that go into making a good leader and teaches girls (and boys who read it too) how they can effectively become leaders, and b) it's a realistic depiction of what life was like for the Ni-Mii-Puu (or Nez Perce, using the French term) people in the late 1700s.

This is the second Beforever book I've read (see my review of the Rebecca book The Glow of the Spotlight), and I really liked the way these stories help 21st-century girls step into the shoes of girls just like them who lived in different historical times and places. I wasn't a fan of the "choose your own adventure" books when they first became popular, but these are a lot more fun.

I received this book at no cost to me in exchange for a review through the Amazon Vine program. This review represents my own honest opinion.

View all my reviews on Goodreads


No comments: